Apple’s latest iOS release, version 8.4 is now live. Apple iOS 8.4 brings a few new features, most notable being Apple Music and several bug fixes to the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It will be sent to the iPhone 4S and later models, and iPad 2 and later.
The most expected component here is the Apple Music service, which is a paid music gushing service. Free for the initial three months, it will cost you $9.99 every month to become acquainted with all the music that you need from your most loved artists.
Apple iOS 8.4 provides support for developing iOS apps. The SDK is packaged with a complete set of tools, compilers, and frameworks for creating apps for iOS and OS X. The tools include the Xcode IDE and the Instruments analysis tool, among many others.
With Apple iOS 8.4, you can develop apps for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8. It now includes WatchKit, a framework for developing Apple Watch apps. You can test your apps using the included iOS Simulator.
Highlights Include – Apple iOS 8.4:
- 30M available tracks (enough to match Spotify and Google Music)
- A three month free trial
- $9.99pm single user cost and attention grabbing $14.99 Family Pack which gives up to 6 users access – a bundle not yet offered by Apple Music rivals
- Human curated playlists
- The Beats One live global radio station
- ‘Connect’ artist pages with artist updates and content sharing
- 25,000 free track uploads from your personal collection to access via Apple Music, this will be increased to 100,000 with the launch of iOS 9 in September
iBooks improvements and fixes:
- Browse, listen and download audiobooks from inside iBooks.
- Enjoy the all-new Now Playing feature, designed specifically for audiobooks.
- Books that are Made for iBooks now work on the iPhone in addition to the iPad.
- Find and pre-order books in a series right from your library.
- Improves accessibility of widgets, glossary and navigation in books made with iBooks Author.
- New default Chinese font.
- New setting to turn off Auto-Night theme in your library.
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented Hide Purchases from working.
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented downloading books from iCloud.
Other features include mainly bug fixes but there are a few noteworthy additions here and there. iBooks now features audio books, and “Made for iBooks” on the iPhone. You can also pre-order a particular book in a series beforehand.
An issue which prevented GPS apps from providing location details has been fixed, and so is the bug which allowed deleted Watch apps to reinstall themselves.
The other major feature in Apple iOS 8.4 is an upgrade to iBooks which moves all audiobook content to it from Music. This makes sense as it keeps all reading material in the same place. It also now works in Apple CarPlay via a dedicated audiobooks app.
Thanks for reading this article, please share this with your friends on social media. And like our Facebook page.