If you are using Blogger.Com for your blog and want a custom domain name then you are on right place. Blogger custom domain name means to change “youblog.blogspot.com” to your desired domain like “myblog.com” this helps webmasters a lot to gain a good traffic from search engines on the internet. If you don’t know that How To Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs then don’t worry in this post we are going to do so Step By Step.
- How To Host Multiple Domains On Single Web Hosting
- And wanna buy Web Hosting : Cheap And Reliable Web Hosting
Blogger also gives you a domain name if you buy one from blogger then you don’t need to configure your domain’s CNAMES but if you want to buy one separately and use it on your blogger blog then you have to configure your CNAMES manually. But don’t worry I will tell you that HOW ?? you can Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs.
How To Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs?
Now we are going to discuss step by step to add a custom domain to blogger blog. Follow my steps below to setup your custom domain.
Step#1. Adding A Custom Domain To Blog.
1. Go to blogger Setting >> Basic, here we will add our domain and latter on it will be in the address bar of the browser. See the picture to add a custom domain name to blogger blogs.
2. Under Publishing Click On Set up A third party URL. And it will show you more options and ask you to put your URL to setup custom domain name.
3. Now You have to put your bought domain name in the address area.
4. After writing your new URL click on the orange save button and it will give you an error, and under the red writing there will be the Names and some values there are the CNAMES for your domain name hosting on blogger. You have to add them to your domain DNS. See the image below.
Now you have to add the CNAMES to your domain DNS and verify your domain ownership and authority. After verifying you will be able to Add the custom domain name to your blogger blog.
Step#2. Verify Your Ownership Over The Domain.
To verify your owner ship to the domain name you will add your blogs CNAMES to your domain DNS to host your URL on blogger and get a custom domain name for your blog. For this follow my steps below.
1. Sign in to your domain registrar account select the domain name which you want to set as custom domain. And go to “DNS Management”.
2. After this Navigate to the CNAMES and click on Add CNAMES (These are also called host records). See the image.
Now you are in your DNS and are going to add the CNAMES to your domain for Blogger hosting. You only have to add the provided CNAMES to the panel.
3. After clicking on the Add A CNAME Record a new page will be appeared before you on the screen. See the image.
4. Now its time to gather the Blogger provided CNAMES add them into the above panel. How to add CNAMES? See the image below to Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs.
As in the image there are two CNAMES and you will add these in DNS. (Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs)
5. Now you can add these two CNAMES to your domain to host you domain on blogger. Put The first name like WWW in the Name, Label or Host field and Add the 2nd value in the Destination, Target or Value. Follow The images below carefully.
For First CNAME to Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs.
For Second cname to Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs.
After adding one by one save both. And now you have successfully added Blogger hosting to your domain. And one thing which remain is the A records. A records are the IPs which Blogger use to host your domain. (Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs)
6. You have to add the four A records which are the IPs and these are the same for every domain and for every blog. Now in the DNS navigate to the A records and add these four IPS to complete your custom domain process.
7. Left the Host Name Blank and add these foru IPs one by to each record in Destination IPv4 Address and save each. (Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs)
8. Now at the last save all your domain setting and wait for at least 12 hours to host your domain name on blogger. And after 12 hours when you will save your custom domain in blogger it will verify your ownership over the domain name and in this way you will be able to add a custom domain name to your blogger blog. While saving your new URL tick the redirect option.
- Are you a android user : 18 Best Android Apps Ever
If you face any problem during Add A Custom Domain Name To Blogger Blogs (like you’ve lost your CNAME ) then immediately contact me. I will help you with my best. And if you like this post then don’t forget to share this with your friends on social media. And subscribe to our newsletter via email.